Howard Glicksman is a shareholder in Ryley Carlock & Applewhite’s Corporate group. He has extensive experience in corporate and securities matters, including representing a variety of clients in debt and equity public and private financings, funds, mergers and acquisitions, and SEC compliance. He specializes in advising funds as to securities aspects and related corporate transactions, including those that involve a variety of real estate assets. He also regularly advises clients on U.S. and international business joint ventures, cross-border transactions, corporate finance, capital markets and venture capital.
Howard’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of local and national real estate investors, funds and developers, including real estate investment trusts, in acquisitions of real estate and related assets and offerings of debt and equity.
- Representation of real estate companies in mergers and acquisitions, including roll-up transactions involving U.S. and offshore residential, commercial, vacation and hospitality properties.
- Representation of commercial real estate developers that issue equity and debt securities to raise capital for real state acquisitions, development or redevelopment into mixed-use office, retail and residential apartment projects.
- Representation of alternative investment fund and manager that invests in commercial operating real estate assets, restructuring financings and provides capital solutions to local and national middle market commercial real estate operators and sponsors.
- Representation of a U.S. issuer that recently conducted a cross border debenture offering to Canadian investors that provided tax-advantaged capital investment in U.S. multi-family real estate acquisitions principally financed through leading providers of financing for multifamily properties located throughout the U.S.
- Representation of seasoned issuer of equity securities in single purpose affiliates that own, operate and manage apartment communities throughout the metro-Denver area for purposes of financing acquisitions, major renovations and refinancing maturing secured debt.
- Representation of investment companies, venture capital and private equity funds in asset acquisitions, including various forms and components of acquisition financing packages, representing sellers, buyers, lenders and borrowers.
- Representation of specialty finance companies in start-up, development of lending operations, initial public offerings, venture capital equity and debt financing, negotiation of warehouse lines of credit with “table-funding” features to facilitate lending operations, loan sales and acquisitions and securitization arrangements.
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in mezzanine financing of real estate acquisition and development projects.
- Represented historically issuers in offerings of mortgage-backed securities of over two billion dollars of principal amount in mortgage loans in REMIC mortgage-backed securities programs including resecuritization of issued and outstanding MBS.
- Representation of public and private company boards of directors and special committees in a variety of board-related issues.
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Howard has earned an AV-Preeminent Rating in Martindale-Hubbell.